Day-22 of Mental Health Month Programmes:
A “CME” Programme was held at ANTARA on 31st October 2019 followed by a Panel Discussion.
Topic “A Step towards Suicide Prevention”.
Dr. Subhendu Sekhar Dhar, Dr. Anirban Roy, Dr. Soumya Chatterjee, Dr. Sudhendu Chakraborty, Dr. Payel Roy, Dr. Sanmitra Dasgupta, Dr. Sanjay Saha delivered talk and presentation on the following topics-
- Suicide A Global Crisis
· Recent Trend in Increase in Teenage Suicide
· Do all patients attempting Suicide have Psychiatric
- Suicide in Elderly Population
· How to manage indoor patients attempting suicide?
· Can suicide be prevented on an Outdoor basis?
· Aftermath of suicide in community.
· Legal and Ethical Aspects of suicide.
Dr. Shyamal Chakraborty, President of IAPP (West Bengal), Dr. Sanjay Saha, Mr. Richard Flynn, Principal of St. Andrew’s Public School, and Adv. M. Srijit participated in the Panel Discussion which was moderated by Dr. Abir Mukherjee.
The afternoon programme was inaugurated by Dr. Prabir Paul.